I looove to nibble, whether it be a rusk with my coffee or a scrumptious snack between meals. They all speak my language. So I decided to make some healthier nibbly options, the more guilt free kind.
These carrot, apple and date muffins were the perfect replacement. They ridiculously healthy, will with nutrients, free from refined sugars and yes you saw right completely gluten free. Did I mention they vegan too!
They the ideal accompaniment to your midday cup of tea. Grab and go snack or better yet they perfect with a cup of coffee in the morning.
Give this recipe a try and see for yourself!
Carrot Apple & Date Muffins
Vegan/ Gluten Free
1.5 tablespoons Flaxseed Powder
4 tablespoons Water
¼ cup Coconut Oil
1 Ripe banana – Mashed
½ cup applesauce – Apples cooked and blended
½ cup Coconut Blossom Sugar
½ teaspoon Himalayan Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¾ cup Coconut Milk
1 cup Carrots – Grated
¼ cup Dates – Roughly Chopped
2/3 cup Rolled Oats – Gluten free or Non
¼ cup Coconut Flour
2 tablespoons Gluten Free Flour mix
1 tablespoon Chia seeds
Preheat oven to 200C.
Prepare muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Add flax to a medium size bowl. Add water and whisk well until smooth and thickened.
- Now you can add the coconut oil, banana and applesauce. Continue to whisk until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well using a wooden spoon, until ingredients come together.
- Spoon mixture into liners and bake in the oven for 35 – 45 minutes.
Until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
You can either enjoy these little gems right then and there, or freeze them for a rainy day 😉