As much as I have a shocking sweet tooth and an insane love for good food in general I also adore a really delicious salad.
There’s nothing quiet like enjoying the variety of fare we are surrounded with. This salad is filled with such variety like fresh colorful beetroots, baby potatoes and the understated radish.
This summer salad is delicious on its own or served as a table salad along with a delicious herby roast chicken.
Summer beetroot, new potato & feta salad
8 small assorted beets – I used Candy strip, golden and red beets.
1 cup Baby potataoes
1/2 cup radish – quartered
Handful of Mint
Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon or less
1/4 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
1 Green Chili – seeded and finely chopped
1 small garlic clove – finely chopped
Salt & Pepper
1. Boil up your beetroot until nice and tender. In a separate pot, boil the potatoes until soft.
2. While your vegetables are boiling, finely mince the garlic and chili add to a small bowl with about two tablespoons of Olive oil and an good squeeze of lemon juice. Set aside so the flavors can get to know each other a little better.
3. Meanwhile wash and quarter the radishes.
4. Once your beetroot and potaoes are ready, give them a rinse until some cold water. Peel the skin off the beets and slice them into colorful disks.
5. Halve your potatoes, I left the skin on. However it can be removed if your prefer.
6. Now that all your elements are ready and waiting, add some rocket onto a salad platter. Top with the beetroot, potato and radish.
7. Sprinkle the feta evenly on top, followed by the mint – roughly tear the mint by hand.
8. Drizzle your Chili garlic oil over and enjoy.
* this salad is beautiful served while still slightly warm.